Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Seven Dorks

I've got two this time! Yesterday I was working upstairs and could hear the boys laughing. Best sound in the world if you ask me. The sound I didn't want to hear? Splashing water. I ran out to the stairs and looked down to see Dallen holding the button down to let the water pour out of the fridge while Dawsen filled up his little cup and then threw it across the room over and over. It was one of those times where I swear they were only out of my sight for a minute, but the entire kitchen was already covered in water. Although I would never have let them know, it actually really amused me. Let's just say they were in their rooms for quite awhile so I could clean it up. The best part was seeing them slip and slide trying to get out of the kitchen.

Then...today Dallen was watching Snow White during Dawsen's nap. After getting a bunch of things done I made the mistake of actually thinking I might be able to rest for a couple minutes before the movie ended. Dallen came and snuggled me...actually there was a lot more wiggling than snuggling, but it was still nice. He told me all about Snow White and all the animals and the seven dorks. Awesome.

And today I'm thankful for THOSE moments. The quiet ones where Dallen and I can talk about the day, silly things, church things...anything really. THOSE are the moments that I feel a real connection with the him. Those moments are different with Dawsen since he's still little. With him I love when he's just waking up or when I'm putting him to bed. He'll lay in his crib chewing on the edge of his blankie and give me his FULL attention, which is saying something for a 20-month-old. It's amazing how you can make more of a connection in thirty quiet, focused seconds than you did through the craziness of an entire day. I LOVE, look for and definitely look forward to those quiet moments.

Loving these boys.

4 comments:

Alicen said...

Love this Crystal. I know what you mean about needing to remember the joyful times now. I found myself as a lump on the floor yesterday crying about my inadequacies and how hard it is sometimes. highest of highs, lowest of lows, I swear. Just like the mish I guess. But this is our life mish, ya know?

Lyndee said...

kids seriously say the funniest things!

Grandmama and Gramps said...

They are so cute! It's easier to laugh at those moments as a grandmama. I am excited to see what happens this week!

Jenn said...

That's great! It makes me laugh to hear the cute things that other boys say and do.....it's nice knowing that other mom's get a kick out of stuff too! They are cutie pies!